Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No. 1

I'm not an artist.
I just want to make that clear. I haven't a fucking clue what a real artist supposedly is.
I paint and draw and photograph because if I expressed myself via dance, the public would be traumatized. People as gangly as me shouldn't dance, so be grateful that I put my feelings and shit to paper.

This blog exists solely as a means of keeping any- and everyone updated regarding my own personal art-ish goings-on.
I'll be regularly posting new work and requesting that you donate money so that I may feed myself.
I predict that this space will also turn into a host for my sleep-deprived ramblings. I'll try my best to make sure some relevance to my arty shit is maintained.

Maybe I should make some kind of introduction.
Oh, hi. I'm kaylie. I paint and draw without any real idea of what I'm doing in terms of proper techniques and art education. I photograph with a somewhat vague memory of a year spent in a photography program in college.
Mostly I make noises. I sing in a band called The Epilogue, and I also have my own thing called Deus Ex Machina, in which I play all sorts of weird instruments incorrectly and satisfy my self-indulgent singing needs.

ALRIGHT WONDERFUL.
This all sounds so self-deprecating and I think I sound like a huge asshole. I'm actually really optimistic and I'm the luckiest person in the world, and you probably are too, so chin up, dickhead. LET'S BE FRIENDS.

2 comments:

  1. That's quite the introduction. I think one day you should get a gaggle of gangly gals to dance artistically in the park scaring little folk. Heck, my dream is to have a bunch of middle aged fat men in spandex doing yoga in said park - yup scaring little children. I call it fat guys doing yoga, and I'm the yogi. ;-) Maybe we can make an act of it - call it the Centrepointe Park Freakshow. Dean has to come up with something equally disturbing though, and Chris Chan - definitely Chris Chan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Frank. I thought you were some random posting...I was like...how do you know Dean and Chris Chan... STOP STALKING ME! But I realize now that it's you. YAY! Hey!

    ReplyDelete